Wednesday 12 February 2014


11th - 12th Feb.

Little trace of the snowy chaos now, Portland back in action.  City transit train to the airport with my bike.  Found a quiet corner of the airport to dismantle and pack it into the box.  Managed to clear the area, with the ear-offensive screech of sellotape, two large rolls.  Sorry!

Three connecting flights; to Seattle, to London overnight, and finally to Glasgow.  Airport time, procedures and flying were an ordeal, as always.  I don't think I want to do that again.

Treated to the Daily Mail's headlines on the flight leaving Heathrow.  I am one of those people who reads other people's newspapers over their shoulders.  I'm embarrassed to think that these negative headlines would be one of the first impressions someone would have of the UK - that people print and buy dissatisfaction and horror, daily.

Met at Glasgow by my friend Ben, bike builder and mechanic, moral support extraordinaire!

No comments:

Post a Comment