Tuesday 4 February 2014


3rd Feb.

Chilly morning on the fingertips.  Found a great café and library in the town of Florence.  In the afternoon, intestinal cramps and some uphills, not a comfortable combination. Possibly because I ate my delicious, organic, grass-fed beef burger bun too fast, or possibly because of a dodgy coffee/citrus combination.  Eventually this subsided, to be replaced by darkness and stinging hailstones.  Cycling past motels was quite tempting, but I wanted to save my pennies for Portland, and I don't like the idea that I'm getting soft!  Just rain now, easier on the nose.  Eventually the campground appeared, with a 'Closed' barrier across it.  Squeezed my bike underneath the barrier, and now I'm camped behind a hedge, and the rain has stopped - bonus!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lizzie, I think you're in frozen Portland now. Drop us a line ( alistair at notjustus dot com ) if you'd like a warm place to stay. Hope to hear from you. Cheers, Alistair

    ReplyDelete